Arduino - Moisture Control Instructions
- Open the Arduino environment
- Select the correct Serial port
- Open the serial communications console
Commands need to be typed in CAPITAL letters or the command will be ignored
- S – Status – Show Status of the current parameters
- PS – Poll Status – Turn on polling of the controller status
- PO – Poll Off – Turn off polling
Configuration parameters are saved in persistent memory and are used to set the parameters on boot of the Arduino. Be careful to not confuse this with the current parameters as these can be changed but not written to memory. These can commands allow you to change the current parameters, but you will want to use the Status command to view the changes. After you have all the changes you want, you can save them to memory.
- KP – Configuration Print – Print the saved configuration
- KS[1-254]V[0-255] – Configuration Set - This is the command you use to change the parameters found with the KP command
- KW – Configuration Write – This is the command you use to save the parameters to memory once you are satisfied with all your changes
Place the Moisture Sensors in water or wet soil and then push the reset button on the Arduino Moisture Controller. This will calibrate the sensors and then you can move the sensor to where you would like to measure.